Wooden Shoe Factory Marken
Wooden Shoes Traditional Design
The main advantages of a wooden shoe:
- waterresistant, you will never get wet feet.
- the wood provides isolation, it keeps the feet warm in the winter and cold in the summer.
- never get sweaty feet.
- orthopedically shaped, resulting in good support and healthy posture
- safety shoe (has a CE quality mark, and is tested to ressist a pressure of 300 kg / 661 lbs)
- sharp objects on the ground wont pierce your shoe.
- easy to get on and off.
- you can give your shoes a second life as planter.
The story behind this design dates back centuries ago: Leather footwear was only affordable for the wealthier people. Wood was a lot more available so it became a cheap solution for the poorer class. Too camouflage their "poor people shoes" they painted it like leather shoes. The three crosses on the shoe represent the lacers. Altough many people mistake them for the three crosses of Amsterdam.